Tuesday, March 3, 2009

6:30 Feb. 25th 2009

We get up early for the trek, but not early enough. We could not make the bus that would take you to the drop off and then pick you up on the other side of the mountain. No worries.. we go ahead and head to the National park get the information that we needed and headed off to Tongariro crossing for our first big hike.Difficulty level is high and we are pumped about the challenge.

later that day. After trek!

Wow what a day. We decided not to stay the night on the mountain, because our time is limited with getting this rent a car back to Wellington. We trek-ed to a Red Crater which was 1,599 meters high. It was a 8 hour hike and it was worth every step. Pictures will be on facebook and you can see what I'm talking about. The higher we went the colder and the harder it was to breath. Good thing I'm a bad ass! HAHA.
 
I'll let you know what my legs feel like tomorrow.

A few tid-bits so far..
 
While in Whangarei I had some laundry that was not dry from the previous day. I had a nice pair of boxers that I bought from REI before we left. They were good undies while they lasted. I got the great idea that they could dry if I put them in the microwave. Well, boys and girls.... They melted! Lesson learned.
 
So far we have met people from Australia, UK, Israel, Ireland, England,China, Holland, Germany, and the states. All have been a pleasure to visit with.
 
The people in NZ can never figure out if we are from Canada or the USA.. The funny thing is Americans don't care if the question is asked, but if a Canadian is miss represented and thought of from coming from the states they get really ticked off.  We cant tell the difference between a NZ and a Australian.  Its a funny world.
 
The girls are slammin hot! If I can't catch trout maybe I can land one of these ladies. 
 
 Mom please send to whom ever you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment